Friday, October 26, 2007

Grant Teaff Speaks: The Em Zone Interview

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?" 2 Chronicles 1:10

The Em Zone just went from being a light-hearted romp into the heart of Baylor football culture to a Pulitzer-quality journalistic endeavor. Emily Ingram's interview of Grant Teaff is NOT TO BE MISSED, if you give a damn at all about Baylor football. Here is the link to the interview (Part 1, so far!).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Coach & The Hearthrob

Coach Teaff opens up on how he became the coach at Baylor, how low the expectations were ("Don't embarass us") and how pitiful the facilities were. Before Teaff came to The B, football was in a sorry state of affairs. Just like today. Perhaps all we need is that one man, who refuses to accept defeat and keeps pushing his team until they win. Teaff also reveals his difficult emotional struggle with watching Baylor lose so badly since the mid-1990s. Teaff on Baylor's losing seasons: "Do I hurt? Yes. Is it sometims embarrasing? Extremely."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"My Goals are alot higher than that."

Congratulations to Trib reporter Emily Ingram, for landing and conducting a timely interview with a living legend. God bless Baylor. Sic 'em, Bears!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"When the righteous triumph, there is great elation." Proverbs 28:12

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Coach is a season ticket holder at my theatre. He is a gentleman and a scholar. God bless Grant Teaff, indeed.

    By Blogger The Cachinnator, at 12:54 AM  

  • I can't tell you how mad I was the first time I heard the Noze call Grant, "Grunt Tuff" and how angry I just made myself when I typed that in.

    Grant "the modern day Moses" Teaff:

    May you be forever blessed by the almighty.

    By Anonymous poopsandwich, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home