Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bear Libations: The Samurai Mike

aka "The First Minister of Defense"

Ingredients: two oz. cold Sake, one oz. rectified grain spirit of your choice, sixteen dashes of cracked black pepper, one pickled artichoke heart.

Best if enjoyed with: Miller High Life and former alums who resided in Brooks Hall in the late '70s/early '80s.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Help me. Vision 2012 has destroyed me and my friends."


Symbolism: Of course the Sake correlates directly to his professional nickname. A Samurai was a noble warrior in the history of Japan who showed respect to all and was a devout servant of a lord. Singletary's focus and strength on and off the field is a perfect match for the honor of being called a Samurai. The rectified spirit symbolizes the power and might Singletary wielded on the football field. Being 96% (192 proof), a rectified spirit is no laughing matter as one could easily end up bewildered and dumbfounded like an '85 Eric Dickerson.

The dashes of cracked pepper represents the sixteen helmets he cracked during his years at Baylor. Damn. And finally, the artichoke heart represents Singletary being the heart of the defense. Use the Miller High Life to wash down that heart if it doesn't go down smooth the first time. Damn, that's the gritty taste of nostalgia.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"I endorse my family and BearMeat; I do not endorse this drink."

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • What a coincidence - I was drinking this very same drink at the moment I read your post. I was calling it the "C.J. Wilson Japanese Hari-Kari Cocktail", but I like the Samurai Mike for so many reasons.

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 10:45 AM  

  • Don't tell me you guys stayed in Brooks too. The only good memory I have of that place is when my asbestos test came back inconclusive.

    By Blogger BDP, at 1:54 PM  

  • Hah!

    BDP, We collectively shared a top bunk in Brooks during the Great Depression; and the Guv was president of The B back then! That's how bad The B had it during the 1930s. Back then Brooks was basically a turf war between the Nose Brotherhood (pre-NoZe) and Chamber. We sided with chamber because they knew all the Baptist girls who would kiss on the first date. Plus most of the Nose were either pederasts or fundamentalists back then.

    Red

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home