Wednesday, March 14, 2007

TourneyMeat: Judge Baylor's NCAA Men's Predictions and Premonitions

First off, I was shocked to discover that the Baylor Men's team did not receive an invitation to the NCAA tournament or even the NIT. I guess quality wins over Southland Conference opponents doesn't carry the weight it once did. I also decided, based exclusively on the label, that drinking a case of Mad Dog 20/20 and then making my picks was the most sure fire way to guarantee a perfect bracket. Half way in, I realized Mad Dog should more appropriately be labeled 20/blind. I could not be stopped, I had to put my brackets together even in the face of such adversity. When in doubt, I did what I have done a thousand times before, call Brian Skinner, former Baylor center and devil-goat enthusiast. I knew that anyone who could make millions of dollars in the NBA and average 5 points over a career knew something about playing the odds and dumb luck.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at <span class=
One of many interns that required the Family and Medical
Leave Act nine months after meeting Brian.


With the help of Brian I have made my selections. I can certainly be accused of being a Homer. I have two Big 12 schools reaching the Final Four and another falling just short. I have UCLA defeating UT in the championship game. The Final Four matchups are UCLA/Florida and UT/Agrics. The only thing I dislike more than an Agric, is when people bad mouth the Big 12 conference. I felt the same way after the 2005 football season when everyone said the confernence was weak. I feel they are saying the same thing this basketball season. My brackets have a couple of major pitfalls. Texas could easily lose to UNC in the Sweet Sixteen, OSU could easily defeat the Agrics and never lose again, Kansas could go all the way, and Florida could lose to Oregon. I have Oregon playing well into the tourney primarily because we need to see more green and gold representation in the country.

Since the link doesn't work:

4 Comments:

  • B-Skin's commitment to white women was unparalleled among the BearMeat Editorial Board. How we miss his poontangin' ways.

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 8:32 AM  

  • That one sure is fugly! Even averaging only 5 points, he can get a better looking girl than that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 PM  

  • Yeah, the NBA poontang league minimum looks a lot like Jessica Alba. That chick looks like she was raised in the basement of Kokernot.

    Come on, Brian, show some Baylor pride!

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 7:28 AM  

  • Perhaps she's just a fan, and he was being nice enouh to pose for a picture. Yeah, that has to be it. I'm going to give the goatee the benefit of the doubt on this one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home