Sunday, March 11, 2007

Scandal Free Since 2003: Men's Basketball Managed Expectations

This morning, three hours into my church service at the tent, past the bridge, on Waco Drive, I stopped listening to the pastor and my raging headache and begin reflecting on the end of the basketball season for the JV squad and the wages of sin. I was contemplating KSU's quick rise with a new coach and his signing of two top ten talents for next season. I was also thinking about the Agrics having an 0-16 conference record a mere four years ago. I kept thinking who would want that? Why would the B and its fans want the burden of success. Just think, if we were invited to the tournament, we would have to run around trying to get tickets, making travel arrangements and buying new t-shirts. That doesn't even take into consideration the actual weekend, which would entail countless tedious hours of intercourse with various members of the rival school's student body, playing BearMeat's official party game Thor's hammer, and giving any spare time to a local Boys and Girls Club.


Close to my feelings this Sunday morning.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I concur, Good Sir! It's easier and cheaper to be fans of the B!

    By Blogger Pat Neffistopheles, at 8:16 AM  

  • Just as Cash's career saw a resurgence after 25 years of decline, so too must we await our resurgence at the end of Ian McCaw's 25 Year Rebuilding Plan.

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home