Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Clawprints" A Poem by Bruiser the Baylor Mascot


Clawprints in the Sand

by Bruiser the Baylor Mascot



One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with BearMeat.
Many scenes from Baylor’s illustrious athletic past flashed before my eyes,
In each scene I noticed Clawprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of Clawprints,
other times there were one set of Clawprints.



This bothered me because I noticed that during the Kevin Steele and Dave Bliss years,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat at the hands of mediocre Big12 opponents,
I could see only one set of Clawprints.


So I said to BearMeat, “You promised me BearMeat, that if I read your blog daily,
you would walk with me always, even against UT and OU.

But I have noticed that amid NCAA sanctions and a decade of losing seasons there have only been one set of Clawprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

BearMeat replied, “Bruiser, the times when you have seen only one set of Clawprints in the sand, is when I carried you.”

BearMeat: “We’ll Carry You”

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • This sounds like the words of baseball coach Steve Smith during those down years.

    By Anonymous TBone, at 11:09 AM  

  • We lifted this post in its entirety from Coach Smith's diary, with a "find and replace" for Lord with BearMeat.

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home