Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Please, Oh Please Pick Mike Singletary

It appears the Cowboys will be interviewing the great former BU/Chicago Bear Mike Singletary for their head coaching position. This is music to my ears. Not only would this be a great day in Baylor history, it would be a great day for the Cowboys. The current top candidate is Norv Turner. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all he did for the 'Boys back in the '90s, but I think it is time to look towards the future. Even before Singletary entered the picture I was concerned Jones was making a mistake picking Turner. Now that Singletary is getting an interviewed, I simply will not be satisfied with anyone else. I have always appreciated Singletary, but after listening to a radio interview with Coach Grant Teaff earlier today, I became convinced he is the right person for the job. Now if only the owner will make the right choice.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Wow. I would start watching pro football again. I was spoiled rotten at Baylor having Singletary, Abercrombie, etc. playing while I was there. Knowing Jones, he'll probably foul this up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 PM  

  • Knowing Jones personally (he's the only NFL owner to have vivid memories of the 19th century) I know how much he hates it when coaches get the credit for the Cowboys victories. Since Singletary is a winner, I imagine his tenure will be successful, but brief.

    Sic 'em, Mike!

    By Blogger Red Andrews, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home